KG’s picks, in no particular order.
- Riggs and Murtaugh (Lethal Weapons) I mean who better than those 2, even though part 4 was laughably bad.
- Batman and the Joker- (Dark Knight) Joker said it best: I can see us doing this for a long, long time.
- Marty and Doc- (BTTF) Those 2 are like peanut butter and jelly; both great separately but together, just shangri-la
- Han and Chewbacca-You got scared that you weren’t going to see these 2? Relax. Seeing them in Episode 7 made that film mildly stomach able.
- Harry and Lloyd- (Dumb and Dumber). Comedy nirvana. Not the 2nd one, wow. When you have a 10 year plus layoff, all of that chemistry and good writing never fully materialize. See: Indy 4. Star Wars 7-9, Blade Runner.
- Jay and Silent Bob (Virtually all Kevin Smith films) But not Clerks 2, wowza. Insanely disappointed with that one and I can only imagine 3 will replicate my disappointment.
- Andy and Red- (Shawshank Redemption) A buddy leaves you money when you get out of the hoosegow to join you in Mexico. Yeah, this wins.
- Jules and Vincent- (Pulp Fiction) You got worried again. Please, how could I forget some of the greatest dialogue between 2 of the greatest characters in cinema history. Remember, giving a bitch a foot massage isn’t in the same ballpark. Hell, it’s not even the same fucking sport.
- Ferris Bueller and Cameron- (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) How perfect is the story of the cool kid in school with the neurotic buddy. And Cameron does learn to lighten up; especially after doing one of the best prank phone calls ever.
- Neo and Agent Smith (the Matrix). The true Alpha and Omega, 2 superpowers battling it out after 1 learns his way. Agent Smith is such a perfect villain.
Kevin Israel’s picks
Han and Chewy – I mean is there any other way to kick of this list? This is the duo that every other duo wanted to be.
Doc and Marty – Sure their relationship is a little…unconventional, but didn’t we all want a mad scientist best friend?
Riggs and Murtaugh – I’m never too old for their shit. Never.
Superman and Batman – Look, I know this only happened once, and in a barely passable movie, but damn it was cool to see them both on the big screen. So, fuck you, they’re on this damn list!
Marcus and Mike – Bad Boys, what ya gonna do?! Damn I wanted to be like Mike. These two had amazing chemistry and it survived through three movies!
C3PO and R2D2 – Is it any surprise that a galaxy far far away is on this list twice?? One is an overly proper butler-bot and the other is a snarky fella that we never actually understand. Comedy gold!
Kirk and Spock – It just wouldn’t be logical if we didn’t have this odd couple on the list. Friendships that start in distrust and end up in mutual respect are always the best.
Wayne and Garth – Party on! I spent way too much of my teenage years quoting these two and banging my head to Queen. Excellent!
Bill and Ted – Two morons who time travel. If we can ignore the third installment that was a horrible travesty, I’ll party with these two any time!
Two Guns – A bit of a dark horse, but this movie was awesome. Wahlberg and Denzel had awesome chemistry and this graphic novel come to life was pure fun.