What am I basing this on? Quotability and no matter how many times I’ve seen it, I still laugh my ass off watching their scenes. Kevin Gootee’s picks in no order.
- Steve Stiffler-American Pie. My fucking spirit animal…to a degree. And shit, he MAKES the first film a classic.
- Frank Drebin-Naked Gun The absolute gold standard in slapstick comedy. Too many quotes to remember his 10 best.
- Randall-Clerks This guy set the world on fire with pure Jersey attitude and hilarious one liners.
- Borat- Rewatched this just last week. And it didn’t lose ONE GODDAMN STEP. Hopefully the sequel is 1/5 as funny as the first was. This STILL is the funniest film in the last 15 years.
- Al Czervik-Caddyshack- Tied for first as my favorite standup comedian. 40 years later, his character is still on the Mt Rushmore. And oh yeah, I have an Al Czervik Halloween costume.
- Axel Foley-Beverly Hills Cop The first 2, not the PG-13 third one.
- Brody-Mallrats See Randall from Clerks
- Oskar Schindler-Schindler’s List. A real laugh riot and panty dropper, just kidding. Jim Carrey-Ace Ventura is still a pants pissor
- Ryan Dunn- his final stunt was amazing. Just kidding. Johnny Knoxville-Jackass films 3 films of pure hilarity and I can’t wait for the 4th.
- Roland Flakfizer-Brain Donors He spits out one liners as the rate as a Thompson machine gun. One of the funniest films you’ve never seen.
Kevin Israel’s quotes
1. Peter Venkman (Ghostbusters) – Dry, snarky, and sometimes cruel. He will always be my number 1.
2. Ty Webb (Caddyshack) – Cocky but he didn’t give a fuck. A truly complex asshole.
3. Carl Spackler (Caddyshack) – Truly a Cinderella story.
4. Fletch (Fletch) – Don’t we all wish they we can do anything and STILL get the girl? Maybe I just adore Chevy Chase.
5. Van Wilder (Van Wilder) – Ryan Reynolds at his best? Maybe. A glimpse into the Deadpool who would be? Probably. Hysterical? No doubt.
6. Bluto (Animal House) – There were a lot of funny scenes in this classic, but Bluto was the one, always funny character. Who wouldn’t want to slam a bottle of Jack with this big man?
7. Dr. Rumack (Airplane!) – This was one of the first comedies I remember seeing and for years I said, “We’re all counting on you.” Nielsen at his finest.
8. Donkey (Shrek) – Eddie Murphy is hysterical, but as a Donkey…homerun. Let’s be honest, Donkey made these movies.
9. Austin Powers (Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged me) – I often forget, but this bucktoothed Brit is hysterical. Yeah baby!
10. Kirk Lazarus (Tropic Thunder) – This dude, dressed up as a dude, playing another dude is still hysterical. I doubt they’d be able to pull that character off today, but I’m glad they did while they could.